Inspirational words by G.K. Chesterton and others.
A few things I learned from these folks about Education when I was a kid.
1. Learning is fun. Stories, games, discussions. Learning should be soaked into everything.
2. Learning should not not be fun.
3. Don’t tell students to do something. Do it with them. If there’s water on a hot day...get in. With whatever clothes you have. Or don’t.
4. Every teacher should remember the power of empathy and the message it sends to model it.
5. The brain is made up of a hundred billion neurons that need exercise. Their entire lives. So keep them moving. Keep them strong. Don’t let them be couch potatoes wallowing in the smugness of their own static faux-wisdom. Work them.