1. The man the world knows by his shortened name was actually born "Johannes Chrysostomus Wolfgangus Theophilus Mozart." I personally would never have abbreviated it.
2. "I like worms. They're our friends. Birds eat worms. Why can't birds be vegetarian?"
- a three-year old contemporary namesake of Mr. Mozart queried this today.
3. "The Secret Life of Walter Mitty" was one of the first short stories that grabbed me when I was a kid. I am apprehensive and excited about the long-forthcoming film adaptation. Now to get a cinematic version of "Leiningen Versus the Ants" going...
4. I never grow weary of listening to Liszt's "Liebestraum."
5. An elderly lady - and total stranger - approached me recently and said: "You have beautiful hair! It is just gorgeous!"
- "Thank you!"
I said, mildly* bewildered.
I told my children about this, and they put the world back into equilibrium by reminding me that it actually doesn't look very good at all.
- "Thank you for your honesty,"
I told them. "But I like her honesty better than yours."
Good night. And good fortune.