The Fluid Dynamics of Relational Hierarchies and the Complex Nature of Their Evolution as Protégés Become Peers // March 10, 2013
VISIONS OF JOHANNES.
Daddy, what is this music? I don't like it.
- WHAT! It's Neil Young. What do you not like about it?
I want to listen to Bob Dylan.
- Okay okay, I'll put on a Bob song.
I SNEAK ON DAVID BOWIE'S 'Changes.'
- Do you like this Bob Dylan song?
Uhh! Is this Bob Dylan? Is this not Bob Dylan?
- Okay, fine. I was trying to trick you. Here's some Bob.
I PUT ON SIMON & GARFUNKEL'S 'The Boxer.'
- What do you think of this Bob Dylan song, Johannes?
Is this Bob Dylan?
Or John Lennon?
- Johannes! Good guess! But no, it's not John Lennon. It's Simon & Garfunkel.
Oh. Can we listen to Bob Dylan now?
- Okay. What do you like about Bob Dylan?
His Bob Dylan voice.
- You like his voice?
Yeah. I like his Bob Dylan voice.
I STICK ON 'BLOWIN' IN THE WIND.' WE LISTEN INTENTLY, DRIVING.
Is he saying 'blowing in the wind?'
- Yep. That's what he's singing about. Do you like this song?
Yeah. I like the blowing in the wind song.
THE SUN LOWERS ITSELF. SONG ENDS.
Can we listen to another Bob Dylan song?
- Yeah. Which one?
Umm...another Bob Dylan song.
- Okay. Here goes.
WE GO WITH 'DON'T THINK TWICE, IT'S ALRIGHT.'
The sun and moon prepare to trade places for a while, and I squeeze my hand back for a squeeze and remember what a wonderful world it is once in a while everyday.
Especially when Bob is soundtracking things.
Blowin' in the Wind / Don't Think Twice, It's Alright
The Freewheelin' Bob Dylan