Block Party 01
Cityscape I drew on scrap wood blocks for some friends' son's 1st birthday. Inspired by the charming creations of Joel Henriques at Made by Joel.
1. Cut and sanded some scrap wood. Mostly 1x3 pine. 320-grit sandpaper.
2. Used a ruler to draw a horizontal line partway down with Elmer's non-toxic paint markers.
3. Free-handed the rest with markers. Used medium for the thicker lines and fine markers for the smaller details.
4. Finished with a coat of beeswax. Wiped it down...voila!
5. Fun for stacking, building, or flipping around (her name collaged on the other side).
If you like these, here are some related posts!
More Block Rockin'.
We Hope You Enjoy Parenting. Don't Fail At It.
Even More Block Rockin'.