Becca's first full day back to work. M and I strapping it on our own for a bit. Actually, she's zonked in her seat next to me, so I actually am getting some work done.
Two months + two days old.
1. Got three shots yesterday. Becca and I couldn't watch. Feels like betrayal. Would have almost been better if she screamed. Instead, she just sobbed. There's no conscious long-term memory at this age. Right?
2. 11 pounds, 7 oz. Puts her in the 75th percentile for weight. No idea whether it's something to brag about or not but it's great to see her filling out.
3. Lifting and keeping her head up for 10-15 seconds. Gets very frustrated with herself, and at whoever is watching, at not being able to stay up longer.
4. Talking. A lot. And drooling. A lot. I will be very sad when she stops slobbering all over everything, including my clean polos. I'm all for crushing social stigma boundaries but I suppose we'll have to let her rediscover drooling on her own, later on in life, if she so desires.
5. Has the most Cleopatra-like poses. Arms crossed, tucked under her chin, or dainty little digits pointing askew like Ms. Hepburn taking tea. Regalness personified. Like she's in a permanent photo-shoot and can't decide whether she wants to be Confucius or Cheryl Tiegs.
1. Cat Stevens Teaser and the Firecat
2. David Bowie
3. Jack Johnson Curious George sndtrk
4. Jessie Sykes Like, Love, Lust & The Open Halls of the Soul
5. Vive Voce